Brief History

Boots is a well known Chemist Brand in the UK. They have used their popular brand image to launch Travel Insurance.Boots Travel Insurance is arranged and managed by Infinity Insurance Solutions Ltd. Infinity Insurance Solutions Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

From April 2015, all policies are underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc and insured by URV, Branch Office of Union Reiseversicherung AG for the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland Registered in England & Wales. Company No. FC024381 Branch No. BR006943A public body corporate with limited liability Registered Office: Maximilian Strasse 53, D 80530 Munich, German Registered with Amtsgericht Munich, Germany; Registered Number: HRB 137918 Union Reiseversicherung AG are authorised in Germany by BaFin and subject to limited regulation in the United Kingdom by the Financial Conduct Authority and in the Republic of Ireland by the Insurance Regulator.


Underwritten By Travel Insurance Facilities, URV

Policies Offered

Single Trip Insurance Policy Click to Expand

  • Boots Single Trip provides cover from 1 days up to 365 days in a single trip. There is no upper age limit to obtaining a quotation.
Read the Full Policy Type Guide Here

Thats Insurance Rating for Platinum:

Thats Insurance Rating for Gold:

Thats Insurance Rating for Silver:

Thats Insurance Rating for Bronze:

Thats Insurance Rating for Lite:

Backpacker Insurance Policy Click to Expand

  • Boots Gap Year policy covers anyone up to the age of 34. The policy is also available in 3 month blocks, so 3, 6 9 12 months. You can travel back during the policy but cover ceases whilst you are in UK and restarts when you are back at your destination. Winter can be added for 21 days.

Annual Insurance Policy Click to Expand

  • Boots Annual multi trip provides cover for unlimited trips. The maximum trip duration is 31. The maximum age is 79. Wintersports can be added for up to 21 days in anyone policy year.
  • Both policies are available for individuals, couples or families.

Thats Insurance Rating for Lite:

Thats Insurance Rating for Bronze:

Thats Insurance Rating for Silver:

Thats Insurance Rating for Gold:

Thats Insurance Rating for Platinum:

Longstay Insurance Policy Click to Expand

  • Ratings are listed below, if available

Thats Insurance Rating for Silver:

Thats Insurance Rating for Bronze:

Important Notes

What is age/classification of Child?

Your dependents who are under the age of 18, living at home with you and in full time education

Age Limits?

At time of purchase:-

No upper age limit for Single Trip (at the date of purchase of the insurance).

No upper age limit for Multi Trip (at the date of purchase of the insurance). Stay.

Aged 55 or under for Longstay/Backpacker Trip (at the date of purchase of the insurance).

No of persons covered, family/ group?

Group - 10 Individuals.

Family means “two adults and their dependents who are under the age of 18, living at home with you and in full time education. In this scenario a dependent is considered as children, grandchildren, step-children, adopted children or foster children.

Reciprocal Health Agreements?

EHIC mandatory if travelling to the EU. If travelling to Australia you must enrol in Medicare.

Sporting Activities, what’s included?

Sports and Activities are split into Activity Packs 1 to 4, there are over 140 activities covered as standard.  The 3 additional Activity Packs that cover you for higher risk activities, with the payment of the appropriate additional premium. Some activities are * starred and do not include Personal Accident or Personal Liability cover.

It is important that you check the list of activities before purchasing your travel insurance to ensure you are covered.  If you are unsure, it’s a good tip to gain approval in writing from your insurance provider.

Alcohol Exclusion, Terms?

Policy states the Insurer shall not be responsible claims where “you were under the influence of drugs (except those prescribed by your registered doctor but not when prescribed for treatment of drug addiction), alcohol (a blood alcohol level that exceeds 0.19% - approximately four pints or four 175ml glasses of wine) or solvents or anything relating to your prior abuse of drugs, alcohol or solvents. “

Scheduled Airline Failure/End Supplier Failure cover?

You are covered on Boots Gold Policy up to £5,000 and their Platinum Policy up to £7,500 if your end supplier fails before you travel. It’s important to note that if your supplier fails while you are away, cover is reduced to up to £1,000 on both Gold and Platinum policies (Section B18 of the policy document refers).

Medical Conditions, Exclusions, Vaccinations?

Quotes for people with medical conditions can be given online, you are asked to go through a set of questions in relation to your condition and quotes are provided at the end of this.

Any pre-existing medical condition that has not been declared and accepted in writing by the insurer will not be covered.

You are not covered in the event of a failure to obtain any recommended vaccines, inoculations or medications prior to your trip departure.

Travelling while Pregnant?

There is no cover under this policy for anyone who is more than 29 weeks pregnant, relating to normal childbirth, however they will still cover for certain medical emergencies. You can find a list on the policy document, but it includes complications such as toxaemia, placenta praevia, misscarriage, emergency caesarean.

Working while away?

Manual Work of any kind is specifically excluded under the policy this is defined as work involving the lifting or carrying of heavy items in excess of 25Kg, work at a higher level than two storeys or any form of work underground.  However, you are covered under included Activities for Animal/Sanctuary Work, Bar Work, Restaurant Work and Working (but this does not detail any further definition on what working means).

We would recommend that anyone planning to work obtains written permission from their Insurance Provider that it is covered under their policy.

Possessions, Proof of Ownership?

Proof of ownership is required for items that you are claiming for.  The insurer won’t pay if you are unable to provide this and deductions will be made for items claimed, for wear and tear, it is not a new for old replacement policy.

We strongly recommend that it would be sensible to keep receipts of any new clothes/property purchased for your holiday; and additionally, any valuation for items that are of value, but you don’t have an original receipt. If in doubt as to whether you have cover for a specific item, please contact the Insurance Provider for clarification prior to taking out insurance.

Cyber Attack, Terrorism

You are not covered in respect of war, terrorism, biological or chemical warfare, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war has been declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection or military or usurped power, confiscation, nationalism or requisition or destruction or damage to property by or under the order of any government or public or legal authority.  Other than Sections A2 (End Supplier Failure before you Travel), B2 (Emergency Medical) & B18(End Supplier Failure while you are away),

Natural Disaster/Catastrophe

Not Covered under this policy.


All insured persons must be a resident of the United Kingdom, Channel Islands and British Forces Posted Overseas only.


No Customer Reviews Found