Single Trip Travel Insurance Guide
There are well over 500 different single trip travel insurance polices to choose from, read our Single Trip Travel Insurance Guide to help you understand whether this is the right type of insurance for you and your family.
This guide covers:
- Single Trip Travel Insurance - In Brief
- Who is Single Trip Travel Insurance for
- How Long Can I get cover for on a Single Trip Travel Insurance Policy
- Key points about Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Top Picks for Single Trip Travel Insurance Policies
- Important Considerations about Single Trip Travel Insurance
Who is Single Trip Travel Insurance for
- Single Parent Families *
- Groups **
* single parent families (families and single parent families may include children up to the age of 18 and who are still in full time education)
**groups, taking a single trip abroad for anywhere between 3 days and 12 months.
How Long Can I get cover for on a Single Trip Travel Insurance Policy
We show quotes for up to 14 days, however it is possible to take out a single trip travel insurance policy for up to 365 days with some insurers. You can check this by clicking on any Insurance Providers Logo Image on the quote pages, or searching for an individual Insurance Provider
. Click on the Single Trip Insurance Policy Drop Down, you will find the maximum Trip Duration there. There may be some restrictions on age and generally if you are over 65 you will find that the Trip Duration is restricted to 31 days maximum on quotes.
Travel insurance is a wide-ranging product, designed to provide cover for different eventualities and situations whilst the policyholder is either on holiday or on a business trip. Cover can be arranged for a specific number of days so you only pay for the time you are away on holiday.
Most Policies have a Winter Sports add on, which covers you with payment of an additional premium, most policies also cover you for the entire duration of your Trip, however some do restrict this if you are planning a single trip over an extended period - in excess of 17 days. Cover levels vary so its very important to check the policy schedule prior to booking - especially if you have expensive ski equipment. Our Winter Sports Guide
gives you more information.